- This event has passed.
Improving Organ Authorization Rates: Family Empowerment Through Effective Advocacy
October 2, 2019 - October 3, 2019$1200.00
Finding yourself challenged at times with:
- Family opposition to First Person Authorization?
- Knowing how and when to re-open the family donation conversation?
- A family that has authorized DCD donation who does not want to wait for the patient’s likely progression to brain death?
- A physician who has secured family agreement to a comprehensive DNR order, precluding the opportunity for donation?
- How to more effectively handle difficult healthcare team conversations?
These challenges, along with cultural and religious differences will be explored along with strategies for sensitively sharing information about stances on donation. Participants will also learn advanced communication and mediation skills that are essential to guiding the OPO and hospital teams through the donation process.
Learn more and register at this link.